nafex - [NAFEX] FW: applesauce/ gooseberries

  • From: "Naomi Counides" <naomi@oznayim.us>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] FW: applesauce/ gooseberries
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 16:47:00 -0600

From: Terry Kaiser [mailto:tleekaiser@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2009 3:24 PM
To: naomi@oznayim.us
Subject: applesauce/ gooseberries

Hi !  I  don't know how to post on nafex so will tell of using gooseberries. I've 2 kinds, Invicta, and ( I think ) Hinnomaki Red- a crimson highly flavored berry a bit tart for fresh eating, but adds color and  a " raspberry" taste to applesauce ( 5 %)  Invicta is not desirable , it has the familiar strong gooseberry pie taste, better eaten fresh, sweet and mild. One batch included elderberry juice ( 5 % ?)  Purple effect. Also added mulberries( thawed) Each seemed to complement the others. Gooseberries, elderberries. and mulberries produce faithfully so had to try them.  Terry

5

  • [NAFEX] FW: applesauce/ gooseberries, Naomi Counides, 06/22/2009