nafex - Re: [NAFEX] God's gardening guide

  • From: Richard Harrison <rharrison922@yahoo.com>
  • To: fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] God's gardening guide
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 05:45:10 -0700 (PDT)

tfb,
   Interesting. There was a group of Christians in the mid-West somewhere doing that about 20 years ago. No irrigation, prayed for rainfall, etc. You won't hear much about it because probably most folks believe in science and sweat and would scoff at such. But like I said prior, some folks believe in science and chemicals and grow vegetables and some folks believe in organics and little science and grow vegetables. Both can be successful and contented with what they grow.
   I have read somewhere, that fruit trees can benefit from the electromagnetic field underneath the power line and produce more fruit. So maybe the NC man HAS something---and maybe has NEVER even heard about electromagnetic fields purportedly causing increased yields?
    Where I am, no one plants under the big transmission lines because either the power company doesn't allow it, or the land is subject to be run over by power equipment without any warning and destroy any crops there. I often see cows grazing under it, though.
                                                     Richard