nafex - Re: [NAFEX] PAW PAW AND PERSIMMON SEED

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] PAW PAW AND PERSIMMON SEED
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 13:21:46 -0500

At 01:11 PM 6/10/2009, Lester Davis wrote:
If paw paw and persimmon seeds are planted at the same time, the
persimmon seeds will emerge at least 45 days before the A. triloba.

Good point - I sent my friend Betsy some stratified persimmon seed within the last month - time in transit was far longer than I'd have anticipated - like 7-10 days - and some of them had sprouted en route.

Lucky