nafex - Re: [NAFEX] St. Lawrence Nursery ( Anthony Curcio )

  • From: Steve <sdw12986@aol.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] St. Lawrence Nursery ( Anthony Curcio )
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 22:59:05 -0400

Anthony Curcio wrote:
Has anyone ordered trees from St. Lawrence nurseries ? We noticed they have cold hardy ( -40/-50 ) Pear trees . Is the flavor comparable to z5 pears ? We had a couple of cold snaps last winter that brought -37 to our area prompting a new cold-hardy section of our orchard.

Thanks, Anthony z4b

I have the Nova pear from there. I'm happy with it. I like them right off the tree when they are still slightly crisp.

Steve in the Adirondacks zone 4a on a good year.