nafex - Re: [NAFEX] way, way OT

  • From: skkewing@yahoo.com
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] way, way OT
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 13:51:34 -0700 (PDT)

True, true!  I've seen four of my favourite fruit tree businesses end in the
last few years: Sprout Farms retired, DNA Gardens went broke, I don't know
what happened to Woodwinds, and Larry Robinson of Roblyn Eyrie Farms passed
away.

These would all be part of the reason that my orchard wound up the size it is
instead of staying a nice little 20 or so trees!  lol I'm the ultimate tree
hugger and I'm trying to save the rest of the varieties before they get lost
too!

Speaking of lost varieties: does anyone out there have a Canadian source for
the Norquay Delight apple or the South Dakota plum?

Sarah
zone 3
Edmonton, AB