nafex - [NAFEX] vinca minor

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: NAFEX Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] vinca minor
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 21:06:24 -0400

On May 11, 2009, at 8:02 PM, Toni Pralle wrote:

< Excellent choice.
Thrives on neglect, no bugs, purple flowers, mostly evergreen.

AND... inexpensive !<<

Is someone seriously thinking of BUYING this stuff???? Give me your snail mail!! I have the purple. My plan was to use the dreaded 2,4D on part of it this year. I have to watch it like a hawk so it doesn't go farther than I want it to go. Mine has survived everything. Even me.

--
Toni in zone 4 Iowa USA

Hmmm, I wonder if yours is tougher than mine. I have a small patch in the lawn, and I don't actually pull out the grass or anything, but I feed it a bit and try to keep the mower higher than it is, and generally encourage it. I wish it would spread more, as I like it. If you're trying to get rid of yours, feel free to ship it my way. :-)

Now in contrast, I have to pull out lots of English ivy every spring and fall, and I'm not certain I can keep it under control.

Ginda
eastern MA, zone 6