nafex - Re: [NAFEX] pitless plums

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] pitless plums
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 16:43:24 -0500

Pitless would be an improvement in several ways- less shipping cost and on earth day you can appreciate the savings in squandered deisel fuel lugging around those unnecessary pits, also they suck up energy in refrigeration . Pits are a nuisance because they are slimy after removing most of the fruit from clingstone varieties and must be carefully disposed of. Smaller plums would become a convenience food not even requiring napkins (also an environmental disrupting comodity).

Heh, heh. OK, I surrender. So they might be useful after all.

I'm just old and cranky, as I suspected.

:-)

Bill

--
Whenever morality is based on theology, whenever right is made dependent on divine authority, the most immoral, unjust, infamous things can be justified and established. - Ludwig Feuerbach

  • [NAFEX] pitless plums, Alan Haigh, 04/22/2009
    • Re: [NAFEX] pitless plums, William C. Garthright, 04/22/2009