nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Fwd: Pitless Plums Studied

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Fwd: Pitless Plums Studied
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 20:19:32 -0500

STORY LEAD:
ARS Investigate Genes Involved in Forming Plum Pits

There's something really strange about this, don't you think? How big a problem is the pit in a plum, anyway?

I know people who won't touch my grapes - even as a free gift - because they've got seeds! I just really struggle to understand that mindset. But OK, grapes are bite-sized, so maybe seedless is... handy. But a plum? I can't imagine a person who won't eat a plum because it has a large seed in the middle!

Well, maybe I'm just getting old and cranky, but I keep wondering if anyone even cares what these seedless plums will taste like.

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
The formula was very simple: build this really flexible, really open economy, tolerate creative destruction so dead capital is quickly redeployed to better ideas and companies, pour into it the most diverse, smart and energetic immigrants from every corner of the world and then stir and repeat, stir and repeat, stir and repeat, stir and repeat. - Shekhar Gupta