nafex - Re: [NAFEX] tyvec

  • From: "Mark Angermayer" <hangermayer@isp.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] tyvec
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 11:18:33 -0500

I wondered, Alan, how you could bear wearing a hood on a hot summer's day, but it probably doesn't get as hot in NY as here.  I can barely wear a respirator on hot days, and can't wear the EPA approved goggles.  They don't have enough ventilation (for the obvious reason, they don't want chemical exposure to the eyes) but they fog up so badly, it makes it impossible to see anything.  I've gone to using simple safety glasses.  For head protection, I use a wide brim cowboy hard hat (quite stylish) and it breathes pretty well.  I don't do enough spraying to justify those battery operated ventilation hoods ($500+)

Dennis, Thanks for the info. on suits.

Mark
KS