nafex - [NAFEX] old time grafting wax

  • From: Caleb Smith <calebeugene@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] old time grafting wax
  • Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 18:53:40 -0400

I found an old archived propagation book (era 1913?) on the internet that had a recipe for grafting wax that I have been using. It calls for 1 part beeswax 1 part pine sap and linseed oil (I use rancid flax oil) to texture. It seems to work well (really I have only been grafting for a few years). I would send the link but my computer crashed since then and I can not seem to find the book again.

Caleb
Kieffer pear and seedlings seem to be the dominant pear tree (besides bradford) here in asheville n.c. area. Very hardy left to their own devices. A prize in my book. zone 7