nafex - [NAFEX] grafting kit

  • From: "fuwa fuwa usagi" <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] grafting kit
  • Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 11:13:59 -0700

Alan writes:

I've never used the Dr.s acclaimed formula because I started using
Gashell pruning compound before I'd heard of it and because I'm grafting on
trees already in the ground, usually spread out, and sometimes from a ladder
on ancient apples. Gashell is like kid's clay, just moist enough without
being sticky and can be kept in any plastic bag in your pocket to pull off a
litte every time you graft. No muss no fuss.

My reply:

I wrap my grafts with freezer tape, that is also what I use on the tips of
the scion. So my grafting kit has a pair of pruners, a pair of scissors, a
knife, a sharpening stone, a roll of freezer tape, a marker.

tfb

The Free Email with so much more!
=====> http://www.MuchoMail.com <=====

  • [NAFEX] grafting kit, fuwa fuwa usagi, 04/07/2009