nafex - [NAFEX] Kieffer via Lee Sharp

  • From: "fuwa fuwa usagi" <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Kieffer via Lee Sharp
  • Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 12:00:43 -0700

Lee Sharp:

Another plus for Keiffer pears is that they are outstanding dehydrated.
Lee

My reply:

Please elaborate.

I dried several varieties of pears this year and was just simply shocked at
how good they were. Sweet as candy when fully ripe and then dehydrated. You
put these besides gummy bears and they win hands down.

The best of them would be between Harvest Queen and Harrow Sweet...Potomac
just did not stack up to these other two for example.

So have yo compared Kieffer to other pears for drying? Why do you like it?
I just grafted out 25 trees and Kieffer was not among them. Maybe you can
change my mind.

tfb

The Free Email with so much more!
=====> http://www.MuchoMail.com <=====