nafex - Re: [NAFEX] how grafts connect [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

  • From: "ADAMSON, Karl" <Karl.Adamson@apvma.gov.au>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] how grafts connect [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
  • Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 11:04:31 +1000

Hi Alan,
I've missed most of this conversation, but I would point you to this
very good article on the cambium layer.
http://arnoldia.arboretum.harvard.edu/pdf/articles/1785.pdf

The books that actually go into the formation of a graft union are
unfortunately very few and far between. I think this is a shame as a
fundamental understanding of these things helps greatly when deciding
how best to graft something you've never tried before. I don't have
time to type it all out but a very good explanation can be found in "The
biology of apples and pears" edited by J. E Jackson
isbn978-0-521-02105-0. The book is basically a literature review, but
its surprisingly readable and its the best technical book I've ever read
on the subject of apples and pear biology.

Karl

IMPORTANT: This email may contain confidential or privileged information.
If
you are not the addressee you may not copy, use or rely on the contents of
this
email or any attachment. If you have received this transmission in error
please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this
transmission.

  • Re: [NAFEX] how grafts connect [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED], ADAMSON, Karl, 04/05/2009