nafex - Re: [NAFEX] forecasted weather for the Eastern US

  • From: "Kieran &/or Donna" <holycow@frontiernet.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] forecasted weather for the Eastern US
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 21:41:23 -0500

Back in early March when we were getting worried about our barely adequate rainfall, we read that they thought La Nina would weaken toward the end of the month.  I don't know how much of the 1.75" we just got was due to that or to dust from Mt Redoubt.  The predicted cold for April 7-8 is just par for the course, and a reminder to a fruit fanatic like me that I must have done something really bad in a former life to wind up here where fruit trees bloom, set and freeze out.
    No sign of life on any of our oak trees around Cookeville/Sparta Tenn.  Donna