nafex - [NAFEX] Brian Raby

  • From: "Richard MURPHY" <murphman108@msn.com>
  • To: "nafex" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Brian Raby
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 15:14:38 -0700

How big of an operation are you talking, Brian?

Also, if it's a U-Pick------------------

I went to yet another one last fall. Saw all dwarf trees held up by pipes, irrigated, stuffed real close.....
Very high density. Big output of fruit. Great for production, but...
It was weird. It didn't look like an orchard at all. I hated it. Great for maximum pounds / acre, ZERO for charm.
It also matters how much room you have.

I have clay loam, and use M7 and M111 roots in zone 4 in a windy place.
They are both very thrifty, and stand well on their own, once established.

Murph

  • [NAFEX] Brian Raby, Richard MURPHY, 03/31/2009