nafex - [NAFEX] Seeking Advise - Orchard Ladders

  • From: "Geoffrey Stone" <gfstone@bellsouth.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Seeking Advise - Orchard Ladders
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 10:28:01 -0400

Hi,
    I'm a newbie. I am involved in planting a mixed fruit/nut orchard, have access to an old orchard, and am attempting to care/prune existing neglected trees. I am ready to invest in a good orchard ladder. What should I look for? What to avoid? Brands? Sources in my area (WNC)? What is the going price per foot? What height (if only one ladder)? What 2nd choice if I feel the need for a second?
Thanks,
Geoffrey Stone
Black Mountain, NC