nafex - [NAFEX] Captan

  • From: walter6353@myfairpoint.net
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Captan
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 08:58:57 -0400

    I plan to do some minimal spraying on old standard apple trees to knock out scab and prevent early defoliation. I have the granulated form of Captan (WG) and a tractor mounted high pressure Rears spray rig with a gun. All of the information I can find gives formulas for per acre application. I need to know at what rate to dilute the granulated powder, as I will be manually spraying individual trees. Can anyone help with this information? What would a suggested schedule be for application? Thanks in advance.