nafex - Re: [NAFEX] H.R. 875 more off-topic

  • From: tanis cuff <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] H.R. 875 more off-topic
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 14:46:24 +0000

When I first heard of this topic, I asked my local ag agency reps about the
WILD herds of livestock. We (sWI but I'm sure most of the country) has thick
populations of deer, fowl, raccoons, woodchucks, skunks, etc-etc. What's the
plan to tag-&-track these animals? No, not to be sarcastic, but to make the
point that the more virulent diseases in a farm herd are going to spread
immediately to the wild, and back & forth.

They didn't have a comforting answer. I admit vet sci/ animal husbandry
isn't my specialty, but the plan to track food production & sales seems
hopeless even if we assume the intentions are all good ones.

> Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 09:29:59 -0500
> From: Sam.Brungardt
> Subject: Re: [NAFEX] H.R. 875 more trouble from the government>

> believe that the main concern is catastropic animal diseases that could be
> introduced or spread by terrorists. This would be things like food and
> mouth disease, avian influenza, etc.

Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for HotmailĀ®.