nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Subject: H.R. 875 more trouble from the government for small

  • From: "Naomi Counides" <naomi@oznayim.us>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Subject: H.R. 875 more trouble from the government for small
  • Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 12:32:38 -0600

Toni,

First off HR 875 is not NAIS

Second off: From NAIS Myths and Facts

Myth: USDA wants to identify and track the movement of all livestock in the United States for NAIS.”

For example, the following situations are not applicable to NAIS:

  • Livestock that never leave the premises of their birth, even if they move from pasture to pasture within that premises, do not need to be identified
  • Animals that never leave their premises other than when they "get out"
  • Animals that are only moved directly from their birth premises to custom slaughter
  • The participation of animals in local trail rides
  • The movement of animals to small local parades or fairs “

Numbers 1 and 2 would probably cover your chickens.

I believe point 4 would cover you taking your horse for a walk.

For more of “myths and Facts  and other information see http://animalid.aphis.usda.gov/nais/faq/faq.shtml#Q18

Naomi