nafex - [NAFEX] Box Elder Ratio ( Anthony )

  • From: Anthony Curcio <apc@vassolinc.com>
  • To: "'nafex@lists.ibiblio.org'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Box Elder Ratio ( Anthony )
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 12:00:18 -0500

I had heard Box Elder is 80 to 1 for making syrup but I'm not able to pull any numbers up on the net.  Anyone else have any experience.

I've tapped them a few times & added to the other maple sap.

~mIEKAL

Miekal,

The ratio of sap to syrup will change according to weather , location and for the backyard producer the amount you reduce with any tree you tap. With Box Elders in Nth. Illinois we have an average of 45-1 for a nice ribbon off the spoon syrup.

Anthony z4a

Anthony P. Curcio
CEO
VasSol, Inc.
833 W. Jackson 8flr.
Chicago, IL 60607
Phone- 312-601-4431
Fax - 312-601-4451

  • [NAFEX] Box Elder Ratio ( Anthony ), Anthony Curcio, 03/13/2009