nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Rootstock Quality

  • From: "Omer Klee" <omer@kooala.biz>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Rootstock Quality
  • Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 20:16:37 -0500

Sherwin,
I have never bought from Treco (they were always out of what I wanted) but
can highly recommend both Copenhaven Farms in Gaston, Oregon and Willamette
Nursery of Canby, Oregon. I have purchased hundreds of rootstocks from both
of them and have yet to be disappointed by them. Marilyn at Copenhaven Farms
is a treat to talk to and has gone out of her way to help locate rootstock
for me. If you want well rooted stock with little variation in diameter you
need to specify that you want first grade stock.

Omer