nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Electric fence on the inside?

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Electric fence on the inside?
  • Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 13:43:48 -0600

That's why I was wondering.................if the deer get a shock once
they get inside the fence, would they associate the orchard with pain?

Jim, I don't know - Most of the stuff I've seen about a two-fence system for deer exclusion used a low fence just outside of the higher main fence, but there's nothing wrong with giving it a try inside.
A single-strand of electric wire is pretty inexpensive to put up and easy to maintain. A good energizer would be the most expensive part of the whole system - but you might be able to find a small, powerful, used unit on eBay.

LLP