nafex - [NAFEX] deer-resistant plants?

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@tds.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] deer-resistant plants?
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 09:26:45 -0600

    Here, deer do munch on blackberries.
    One year they mowed off my red raspberries almost at the height that I would have pruned them down to. When I first saw it I did a 'double-take' half wondering if I had pruned them and forgot.
    "My" deer will eat black raspberries but will leave them alone if red raspberries are available.  They have never bothered any of my currants, but they do nibble on blueberry.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472
For jams, jellies, syrups and more:
www.jellygal.com
1-877-265-6856 (Toll Free)
1-218-831-7018 (My Cell)

  • [NAFEX] deer-resistant plants?, Jim Fruth, 02/28/2009