nafex - Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 73, Issue 98

  • From: D Stubbs <dsmndel@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 73, Issue 98
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 22:07:30 -0600

Can
I get some advice on whether or not these plants are
reasonably deer-proof?

Thorny plants:
raspberries
blackberries
clove currant
black currant

Deer eat raspberries and black / red currant, but I wouldn't say it was preferred food.
 I have 3 big black currant outside of our deer fence ( because they take moisture past the end of the septic system) they are right in a deer path, get nibbled, but are such vigorous growers it hasn't effected the crop appreciably
clove currant same, just occasional nibbles.
 black , red, clove currant have no thorns
Del

  • Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 73, Issue 98, D Stubbs, 02/27/2009