nafex - Re: [NAFEX] cardboard/weed barriers

  • From: tanis cuff <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] cardboard/weed barriers
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 17:15:14 +0000

I've used the same slight funnelling trick with 4 roof shingles set around
newly planted trees. I forget how I had acquired odd bundles of shingles,
but it did make more efficient use of rain (& hand-watering) as Mark
describes. Eventually a few years' weather started to destroy the shingles,
but if you don't wait decades you can collect pieces fairly easily so clean
up is not bad.

tc on frequently droughty sand in sWI, too much rain last year