nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Vacuum for Wasps ( Word of caution/ not for Jim F ) Anthony Curcio

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Vacuum for Wasps ( Word of caution/ not for Jim F ) Anthony Curcio
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 11:41:18 -0800

I looked into vacuum cleaners for insects for The Grape Grower. For home use, try a water vacuum. That is, instead of a bag or tank, the air is sucked through a tank of water. Such vacuums are amazingly effective, yet they won't tear up the plants. They can also function as air filters. I have one called "Big Power" and if they ever make one with a battery pack, it would be the ideal garden vac.
-Lon Rombough
NEW grape pruning video: http://www.bunchgrapes.com/dvd.html View a short, low resolution clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q58zFY0B1M
For all other things grape, http://www.vitisearch.com
A video about The Grape Grower : http://cookingupastory.com/index.php/2008/04/18/the-grape-grower/