nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Weed preventative idea

  • From: Kevin Moore <aleguy33@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Weed preventative idea
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 09:56:14 -0800 (PST)

Diane's method is hardly new. Bill Mollison introduced the idea in the 1970s along with the rest of his Permaculture concepts. It doesn't help with nutsedge though as the spikes poke right through the cardboard. Bermuda grass and other creeping grasses will also over run the garden from the sides unless you plant a good barier hedge of lemon grass or even garlic chives.