nafex - [NAFEX] Removing seeds

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@tds.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Removing seeds
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 09:38:43 -0600

For those of you who don't have a cider press available to remove fruit seeds, I'd recommend the Villaware Food Strainer.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=villaware+food+strainer&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=2200706501&ref=pd_sl_7eco9gi4ci_e

Here at Brambleberry Farm, we use it to remove chokecherry seeds but, to do so, you'll need two items that don't come in the standard package. To remove chokecherry (and similar size) seeds, You'll need the "grape spiral" and the "pumpkin strainer."
Be mindful that the unit doesn't come with good instructions - if you feed the fruit too fast, it will jam up to where you might think it is the machine's fault (That's the problem I had with it until I figured out what I was doing wrong).

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
For jams, jellies, syrups and more:
www.jellygal.com
1-877-265-6856 (Toll Free)
1-218-831-7018 (My Cell)

  • [NAFEX] Removing seeds, Jim Fruth, 02/12/2009
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • [NAFEX] Removing seeds, Jim Fruth, 02/13/2009