nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Tiger Lillies, daylilies?

  • From: Eric Farnsworth <tropicofkansas@sbcglobal.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Tiger Lillies, daylilies?
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 13:59:26 -0800 (PST)

I pick them when they are open and fry them in an egg batter, just like squash blossoms. And the flavor is similar, spicy.
I can't see that the rhizomes would be worth digging, edible or not. And the leaves would have to be young to not be too tough. There are always plenty of flowers.

Eric Farnsworth
Lawrence KS

Message: 5