nafex - [NAFEX] Off Topic...Windows versions, (extension of open text or HTML)

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Off Topic...Windows versions, (extension of open text or HTML)
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 11:04:11 EST

In a message dated 2/6/2009 6:44:28 AM Eastern Standard Time, b.harrick@ilslaunch.com writes:

(Do not upgrade to Office 2007unless you HAVE to--what a disaster, but that's not fruit-related and I will keep off of my soapbox :))

If upgrading may I suggest going directly to XP or Mac. I've used Windows 2003, 2007 and now XP. XP is much much more reliable, that is, it doesn't lock up nearly as much as the pervious Windows versions.

DO NOT UP GRADE TO MS VISTA! I did and returned it and the computer to the point of purchase after using it several days. Non Microsoft programs didn't run 100% and some not at all, Microsoft of course, didn't have patches to support them. Bill Gates wrote Vista to block his competition from being used on his system.

My soap box!

Jerry

Great Deals on Dell Laptops. Starting at $499. (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1217883258x1201191827/aol?redir=http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;211531132;33070124;e)