nafex - [NAFEX] Kurt and the Green Sambucus Slime

  • From: "Richard MURPHY" <murphman108@msn.com>
  • To: "nafex" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Kurt and the Green Sambucus Slime
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 16:01:14 -0800

When I make Elderberry wine / Jelly, and clean up with Oxy Clean, a bit of purple Elder paste tossed into the Oxy Clean turns the whole pot green before my eyes. The green gum stuck to the wall (only at the miniscus) of the Primary Tank is the tackiest substance known to man. Elder + oxygen = green.

Empirically,

Murph

  • [NAFEX] Kurt and the Green Sambucus Slime, Richard MURPHY, 02/04/2009