nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Home persimmon astringency removal?

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Home persimmon astringency removal?
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 10:11:17 -0800

Dry ice is the easiest to find and use source of CO2. Even though I have a
carbonator and CO2 cartridges, I would still use dry ice, if possible, for a
source of CO2. The harder part would be finding (or making) and filling a
high pressure container the right size - should pressure be required. High
concentration is easy. Of course, one would need to know the process. My
strategy to avoid the astringency is to never, ever, eat persimmons, which I
regard as inedible but decorative, much like cranberries. They're an
excellent tree to grow for their wood, ebony.

~ Stephen