nafex - [NAFEX] controlling brown rot in stone fruit

  • From: Alan Haigh <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] controlling brown rot in stone fruit
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 07:06:32 -0500

Indar is much more affective than Captan for the control of blossum blight and brown rot.  Here in humid southeastern NY, once I have the pathogen under control I can often control BR with a single application of Indar a month before the first peaches ripen.  With plums a seperate application may be necessary a month before the particular variety ripens.  In very wet seasons an extra application or 2 may be necessary, but I never have to spray within a month of harvest anything besides cherries.

I am interested in the efficacy of Pristine.  Has anyone out there tried reduced applications of that substance to control BR in their orchards?

  • [NAFEX] controlling brown rot in stone fruit, Alan Haigh, 01/19/2009