nafex - [NAFEX] sphagnum peat moss question

  • From: Jerrydana5@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] sphagnum peat moss question
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 20:54:02 EST

 I want to add some sphagnum peat moss to a new flower bed to add organic matter and lower ph a little.  I have also used it to help my soil in preparation for blueberries.  I have a couple of questions:
1.  Does it matter what brand to get?  I have already used a couple of bales of K Mart brand.
2.  Does it take awhile after being tilled in to really "add organic matter" and to lower the ph?  ie to become part of the soil.
Thanks as always, for your help.  Jerry in southern Indiana

  • [NAFEX] sphagnum peat moss question, Jerrydana5, 01/17/2009