nafex - [NAFEX] Grape selection, southeast

  • From: "Hugh Rahn" <plantfolks@charter.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Grape selection, southeast
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 11:33:57 -0500

I like Ison’s muscadine varieties Supreme and Janebell better than any I have tried so far.  I also have Sweet Jenny, Tara and Southern Home, which haven’t started bearing yet.

To keep the raccoon and possums out, I use a fence charger, stretching the wires down each side of the supporting posts.  When the muscadines are gone, I move the charger to my persimmon, which the critters like almost as much as the muscadines.

Ned

  • [NAFEX] Grape selection, southeast, Hugh Rahn, 01/17/2009