nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Google has become unscrupulous

  • From: <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Google has become unscrupulous
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 15:44:54 -0600

Jim, what you are talking about is Adwords, a fee based marketing program that gets your web site in front of viewers so you can sell more stuff. Adwords has nothing to do with Google's search engine....it is a seperate product that Google sells to site owners to market their site. Google has many services for webmasters that are available for marketing your site to get more exposure. I, for one, do not use Adwords, except on my blog, which is hosted by Google. They list the Adwords on my blog because I host my blog with them for free. The sites that show up in the Adwords are all associated with fruit growing because they give me the option of choosing a category for those Adwords. Google is still the best and most widely used search engine out there and they always keep our web site listed in the top ten because I have all of my sites submitted automatically through the SubmitNet service. We get over 50,000 visits per year to our web site and over 75% of those are sent to us via Google.

And now for what this list is really for....I am looking for Bud9, M9 or G16 rootstock. I am collecting sources for those rootstocks for price comparison so if anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate them. Once I have all of my prices collected, I'll post them for a reference. Thanks!!

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
Office (815) 648-4467
Mobile (815) 228-2174