nafex - Re: [NAFEX] boron questions

  • From: Steve <sdw12986@aol.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] boron questions
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 16:54:42 -0500

Ernest Plutko wrote:
It works but typed an i instead of a 1. modf1 one). Doesn't work
let me know.

That's better. Here's the link copied (not typed) from the web site:
http://web1.msue.msu.edu/imp/modf1/05209709.html

I find this to be a shame:
"Boron requirements vary greatly from crop to crop. Rates
required for responsive crops such as alfalfa, celery,
sugar beets and table beets can cause serious damage to
small grains, beans, peas and cucumbers."

I guess that means there isn't some average Boron level that would work with just about all crops. It makes me wonder how I managed to grow beets and cucumbers withing several feet of each other in the same garden.

I wonder where apples, pears, and plums fit into the Boron preference charts?

Steve