nafex - [NAFEX] request from abroad

  • From: Jacquelyn Kuehn <jakuehn@verizon.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] request from abroad
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 12:28:14 -0500

Please consider, and feel free to forward this to anyone you know who might be interested.
<x-tad-bigger>Jacquelyn A. Kuehn</x-tad-bigger>
Musician, writer
http://www.pennsacreskitchen.net
www.wmugradio.org

11 AM-12:30 PM M-F (Eastern)

Begin forwarded message:

After exploring the NAFEX website I felt inspired to make contact but am unsure who I should approach.  If necessary, please could you forward this email on to the relevant people.

I am a student at the Royal Horticultural Society's gardens in Wisley, Surrey, UK.  I am currently working in the fruit department where we have a collection of over 700 apple cultivars.

I have the opportunity to travel to the United States next autumn to pursue my interest in fruit growing.  Ideally I would like to work somewhere for 2 - 4 weeks during harvest time in an area that has a climate comparable to the UK - Oregan for example.

Can you recommend any fruit or nut growers that I could get in touch with?  I would be very grateful for your help.

Kind regards,

Rebecca Bevan

rebeccabevan@rhs.org.uk

  • [NAFEX] request from abroad, Jacquelyn Kuehn, 01/09/2009