nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pictures?

  • From: "Donna &/or Kieran" <holycow@cookeville.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pictures?
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 22:59:42 -0600

I would advise all of you with long term plans to take photos of your place from various angles, and take them every year or two from the same place if possible. I wish we had done this. I know we have a couple of photos from the first few years we owned the place. There have been so many changes, I wish we'd documented them. I remember the little tiny bamboo patch, taking a photo over the top of it. Now there's no way we can look down through the bamboo to see the lower slope. The first winter we planted wheat and oats for a cover crop, they were stunted and yellow. Now all I have are snapshots in my mind. "We were standing right here when we all saw that tree fall down, and now we can't even see the spot where it stood." "Remember when this whole slope was nothing but tree tops left over from logging, blackberry vines you couldn't get around in, and gravel?" That sort of thing. A few snapshots would really have helped. Donna