nafex - [NAFEX] cold

  • From: "Ernest Plutko" <ernestplutko@wiktel.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] cold
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 20:31:21 -0600

Going to be about -30F here tonight but we have more than 3 ft of
snow now so everything under the snow won't freeze. I have
blackberry and black raspberry canes held down with bricks. I have
tender roses buried under mounds of dirt. This worked great last
winter for rose protection. Even though it get cold at least the
snow never melts off in the winter until late April. Next summer I'm
going to try again to protect tender fruit trees by planting them at
a low angle to the ground so snow covers them.

Zone 2/3

  • [NAFEX] cold, Ernest Plutko, 01/04/2009