nafex - [NAFEX] heirloom peach source

  • From: Scott Smith <scott@cs.jhu.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] heirloom peach source
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 18:49:29 -0500

Kelly, there is no good source unfortunately. Bay Laurel sells a few propagated by Dave Wilson Nursery, for instance Indian Cling and Free and Heath Cling (but, I believe you need to special order the last one by November). Trees of Antiquity also sells several. Vintage Virginia Apples has recently started carrying a nice collection. It is not clear if their Oldmixon Free is the original one or not, there have been conflicting reports; I have that variety from them but it has not fruited yet. I have had to graft many of mine from various sources, including the ARS. That is where I got Salwey for example. If you know how to graft peaches (they are hard to graft), I can send you scions this spring.

Scott

  • [NAFEX] heirloom peach source, Scott Smith, 12/23/2008