nafex - [NAFEX] Russets

  • From: "Martha L. Davis" <martha_davis@earthlink.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Russets
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 19:00:16 -0500 (EST)

Russet apples.

I have liked the texture of Roxbury russet at times and at times found it
grainy. The graininess disappears when you cook it. I am in the process of
testing what russets do well here and which don't. My eating experiences
were in the chicago area where i liked Golden Russet, Roxbury, Hudson's
Golden Gem and Hoople's antique gold. Razor russet tastes pretty much like
Golden Delicious. Not surprising given it is a russeted sport of Golden
Delicious.

Martha

  • [NAFEX] Russets, Siloam Orchards, 12/13/2008
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • [NAFEX] Russets, Martha L. Davis, 12/16/2008