nafex - Re: [NAFEX] crab-pear inquiry

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>, Anton Callaway <marillen@earthlink.net>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] crab-pear inquiry
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 07:19:28 -0800

Some of each. I taste P. calleryana and other species whenever I find a tree with fruit. I've tasted a fair number of species at the Corvallis Germplasm Repository. Most of the wild type species seem to become at least edible when they "blet".
-Lon Rombough
NEW grape pruning video: http://www.bunchgrapes.com/dvd.html
For all other things grape, http://www.vitisearch.com
A video about The Grape Grower : http://cookingupastory.com/index.php/2008/04/18/the-grape-grower/