nafex - Re: [NAFEX] presses

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] presses
  • Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 19:35:53 -0500

Murph,
Shop presses are an essential tool in mechanics shop. They can be used for extraction of press fitted parts like bearings for example.
After looking at Northern Tools site, the model I like best is the 10 ton #T51003 - it looks very nice for 230$:
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200332763_200332763

I would check on the exact dimensions however - most important is the width between the vertical members and the height clearance.
I like the fact that you can adjust the height of the lower horizontal member for the size of your cheese stack. Also, the cylinder being on top of the press is another advantage.
Claude