nafex - Re: [NAFEX] pomace / press design

  • From: "D Stubbs" <dsmndel@gmail.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] pomace / press design
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 08:07:55 -0600

Is this a surplus scrap item you're going to use or made new?
The home made steel frame & maple cheese type press I use seems to get the maple parts dark & mildewey if I just miss one night's thorough washing - then it requires chlorine bleaching again to look at all presentable. Preferring not to drink chlorine residue in our juice I am always looking for alternatives to maple.
Del
Like Mark, I am looking at building a press, the basket being Perforated Stainless steel.

Thoughts?

Murph

  • Re: [NAFEX] pomace / press design, D Stubbs, 12/06/2008