nafex - Re: [NAFEX] organic weed killer

  • From: Karen Tillou <arboretum@homeorchardsociety.org>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] organic weed killer
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 09:54:04 -0800

i have used it - it works best in hot, sunny conditions, after dew is off leaves.  i found it knocked back the tops of perennial weeds like dandelion, buttercup, sorrel, thistle, but didn't kill the entire root system.  young seedlings of annuals did get killed, but not ones that were more than 6" tall. established perennial grasses and sod just laughed.

karen

oregon city, OR - zone 8a and wet