nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Jim - snapper

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>, fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Jim - snapper
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 14:03:23 -0800

I had an uncle who regularly ate snapping turtles he caught on his farm. I don't know how he prepared them, but he liked them enough to build a huge compost pile for them every year. They lay their eggs in the compost and let the heat of decomposition do the incubating. His compost piles always had a good number of turtle nests in them. He set fishing lines in the small stream that ran through a marsh on his property to catch the turtles.
-Lon Rombough
NEW grape pruning video: http://www.bunchgrapes.com/dvd.html
For all other things grape, http://www.vitisearch.com
A video about The Grape Grower : http://cookingupastory.com/index.php/2008/04/18/the-grape-grower/