nafex - [NAFEX] Enterprise Flavor

  • From: "Glenn & Kathy Russell" <GlennAndKathy2@cox.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Enterprise Flavor
  • Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 22:02:35 -0400

Hi All-
This is my first post here at nafex.... Though I'm a regular at
GardenWeb's Fruit forum. Hopefully it gets posted correctly!

Eddie / Anyone -
What's your opinion of the Enterprise? I originally put it in along
with my Liberty's and Williams Pride because it was disease resistant (and
of course, the nursery description was glowing) But, I've since learned to
take nursery literature with a grain of salt (And really look at what they
don't emphasize). Being a sour apple fan, I'm very happy with the flavor of
my Liberty trees. (Currently I have 7 apple trees, but most are young, and
only some are producing) Although my Williams Pride is not producing yet,
all the posts on the GW Fruit forum were very positive. I'm also happy that
WP is such an early apple because spreading my harvest is also an important
quality for me. But, the enterprise got a lackluster review on GW. Also,
my Enterprise was the last piece of stock that Cummins had, and thus it was
small, etc. I don't currently have it in an ideal spot, and thus, it's
struggled a bit. So.... What's your opinion of Enterprise flavor? Is it a
keeper? Or possibly just worthy of a graft onto another one of my trees
later on?
Thanks in advance,
-Glenn (Zone 6b, RI)