nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Can I Prune persimmon in fall?

  • From: "S & E Hills" <ehills7408@wowway.com>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Can I Prune persimmon in fall?
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 16:59:49 -0400

I’m no expert by any means, but what little pruning I’ve done of my kaki has been done in spring.  I will likely have to prune again this spring as I need to head back a branch which is growing straight toward the sidewalk (at a height of about 4 feet).

I wouldn’t want to risk leaving an unhealed opening over the winter.  But I will admit my experience with Kaki is probably less than your own Bass.

Scott Hills

Zone 6b Michigan