nafex - [NAFEX] Harrow Sweet

  • From: "fuwa fuwa usagi" <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Harrow Sweet
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 20:46:11 -0700

Alan:

A tree ripe Harrow Sweet is a wonder. I divide my harvest, taking some
traditionally green for storage, some just turning, and others tree ripe. My
observation is like most pears the tree ripen over several weeks. In my case
Harrow Sweet tree ripens over an almost unbelievable 8 week period. It
starts out with a couple of them turning yellow, and they are ok, then more
and more, getting sweeter and more melting.

I mentioned a percentage will rot form the inside out, but it is not a high
percentage.

If you like that graft on Harvest Queen and give it a run. Tree ripe it is
truly awesome, possibly the finest pear I ever consumed.

By the by, re your comments on Dayton(apple), I think the storage is at best
3 weeks. The texture deteriorates quickly, and it is far better tree ripe.
After 2 weeks it is trending toward mediocre.

the fluffy one

The Free Email with so much more!
=====> http://www.MuchoMail.com <=====

  • [NAFEX] Harrow Sweet, fuwa fuwa usagi, 10/14/2008